The African Leadership Magazine has unveiled its African persons of the year 2020 and Ghana won big with the President Nana Addo winning the African political Leader of the year 2020.
The African Leadership Magazine is an annual award reserved for distinguished Africans, who have blazed the trail in the year under review and this is the ninth time since that awards scheme was instituted.
Nominees were voted for on the African Leadership Magazine website, in various categories such as the African Political Leader of the year, African Female leader of the year, African Educationist of the year, The African Leadership Magazine young person of the year, amongst many others.
The winners shall be decorated and presented with honour instruments on February 26th, 2020, during the annual African Leadership Magazine Persons of the Year Award ceremony, according to information on the ALM website.
The overall African of the year went to the World Health Organisation boss, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus of Ethiopia.
Below is the full list of winners in various categories of the awards and their runners-up;
African of the Year 2020:
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, – Winner
- Strive Masiyiwa, Founder & Executive Chairman, Econet Group, Zimbabwe – Runner-up
African Political Leader of the Year 2020:
- H.E. Nana Akufo-Addo, President of Ghana – Winner
- H.E. John Magufuli, President of Tanzania – Runner-up
African Female Leader of the Year 2020:
- Tiguidanke Camara, Chairman & CEO, TMG Group, Guinea – Winner
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa – Runner-up
African Educationist of the Year 2020
- Professor Samuel Edoumiekumo, Vice-Chancellor, Niger Delta University, Nigeria – Winner
- Dr Patrick Awuah Jr. Founder & President, Ashesi University, Ghana – Runner-up
African Industrialist of the Year 2020
- Nicky Oppenheimer, Chairman, Oppenheimer Generations, South Africa – Winner
- Abdulsamad Rabiu, Chairman, BUA Group, Nigeria – Runner-up
African Philanthropist of the Year 2020
- Mo Ibrahim, Founder, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Sudan – Winner
- Ayo & Helen Oritsejafor, Founders, Eagle Hand Foundation, Nigeria – Runner-up
ALM Young Person of the Year 2020
- Sadio Mane, Footballer, Senegal – Winner
- Eder pale, Founder & CEO, Mozhandlings, Mozambique – Runner-up
African Agricultural Champion of the Year 2020
- Onyeka Akumah, Co-founder, FarmCrowdy, Nigeria – Winner
- Noel Doyle, Chief Executive, Tiger Brand, South Africa – Runner-up
African Climate Champion of the Year 2020
- Graca Machel, the former first lady and climate activist, Mozambique – Winner
- Agnes Matilda Kalibata, President, Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa – Runner-up
Africa Peace & Security Leader of the Year 2020
- H.E. Goodluck Jonathan, former president of Nigeria – Winner
- General Vincent Nundwe, Army Commander, Malawi – Runner-up
African Energy Leader of the Year 2020
- Kwameh Kyei, MD/CEO, Unity Oil Company Ltd, Ghana – Winner
- Nkechi Obi, MD/CEO, Techno Oil, Nigeria – Runner-up
African Public Health Champion of the Year 2020
- Dr John Nkengasong, Director General, Africa CDC, Cameroon – Winner
- Jean-Jacques Muvembe, Ebola Vaccine, Congo – Runner-up
Africa Disruptor of the Year 2020
- Kamal Yakub, Founder, Uber for Tractors, Ghana – Winner
- Ken Njoroge, Co-founder & Group CEO, Cellulant Corporation, Kenya – Runner-up
The post The African Leadership Magazine adjudge Nana Addo African Political Leader Of The Year appeared first on GhBase•com™.